Current Employment Opportunities:
There are currently no employment opportunities available within Region II.
DIRECTOR OF COACHING
The Iowa City Alliance Soccer Club has provided Recreational, Academy, and Select Programs for players U5-U18 since 1997. It is committed to providing high quality player development and ensuring opportunities for all interested youth to have fun in competitive soccer. It has been successful at the local, state, regional, and national levels by recognizing the importance of a soccer program and its coaches in influencing the lives and character of children through soccer.
The Director of Coaching (DOC) is the leader of all soccer operations within the Iowa City Alliance Soccer Club, including all teams and recreational/youth programs. The DOC is in charge of player development, coaching development, program development, and club development. All aspects of this role should be completed while maintaining the focus of the club’s existing mission and goals.
Coaching and Player Development
- Create, implement, and manage resources for training curriculum for all programs/teams
- Create and implement coaching development curriculum for all coaches
- Oversee and supervise player recruitment and development
- Recruit and retain top level coaches
- Perform annual coach evaluations.
- Supervise all tournaments, camps, and clinics
- Supervise the Academy(U9-U10) Program and coach two competitive teams
- Provide college-recruiting education to club members and coaches
- Primary contact in mitigating and resolving soccer issues
- Act as the Iowa City Alliance liaison on issues that may affect the club, including representing the club at any functions, state soccer association meetings, or other events
- Provide a comprehensive monthly Director of Coaching report to the Board of Directors
- Develop and execute an annual budget working with the Board of Directors, treasurer, and accountant
- Develop and execute fundraising, sponsorship, and marketing opportunities
- Provide other services as necessary and as directed by the Board of Directors
License: National “C” License or equivalent and above preferred.
Coaching Experience: At least five years of youth coaching experience. At least three years of supervisory experience in youth coaching. Previous DOC or Assistant DOC experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to relate to and motivate players, coaches, and parents
- Proven implementation of mentoring/development program
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to players, coaches, parents, sponsors, and other organizations
- Detail oriented and ability to produce accurate result
- Proven computer skills, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, registration, and website management programs
- Possesses integrity, honesty, and high ethical standards
New Director of Coaching shall work with current Director of Coaching Paul Dayrell until January 1, 2018.
- Competitive salary with bonus incentives
- Stipend for health insurance premiums
- Reimbursement for job related expenses
Please send letter of interest, resume, and three letters of reference to Shari Shaffer, Club Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. One letter of reference shall be from a previous supervisor.