Current Employment Opportunities:
Seeking Interns for the 2016 US Youth Soccer ODP Region II ID Camps
US Youth Soccer Region II is currently seeking motivated individuals with a positive attitude to work their upcoming ODP Region II ID Camps July 4 – July 16, 2016 in Saginaw, MI.
US Youth Soccer Region II is comprised of the following Midwest Region State Associations: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio North, Ohio South, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
US Youth Soccer ODP is the original Olympic Development Program and the only elite player development program that can claim members of Major League Soccer and National Women’s Soccer League, as well as a majority of current and past national and youth national team members, as alumni. With programs in all 55 State Associations, as well as regional and national championships and participation in international tournaments, US Youth Soccer ODP continues to offer development and exposure opportunities to any player, regardless of hometown or club affiliation.
We rely on many volunteers and interns to help make our ODP Region II ID Camps a premier experience! The candidate(s) will be an essential part of our communications, operational, and equipment management support to our Regional Coaching Staff and players. These positions will provide a broad resume-building experience for individuals interested in athletic administration/sports management.
- Ability to work July 4 – July 16, 2016 at our ODP Region II ID Camps (Minimum of 100 hours)
- Submission of cover letter and resume required
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of the game of soccer and/or ODP program is preferred
- Assume responsibility for assisting in managing (1) age group/gender of approx. 36-48 pool players during both the boys and girls 5-day residential camps
- Communicate daily schedules with staff and players
- Supervise and accompany players to all trainings, meetings, meals, dorms, etc.
- Coordinate regional staff equipment needs
- Coordinate and manage training gear and laundry
- Operational set-up, on and off the fields
- Provide information for social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Represent US Youth Soccer ODP Region II with pride and passion
- Additional duties as assigned by Regional ODP Administrator
- All internship positions are unpaid
- May be eligible for college credit
- Travel expense reimbursements to be determined
- Room and board will be provided for all interns for the duration of the event
- Region II to provide interns with Nike gear
Interested applicants are to email a current resume and cover letter to Katie Yde at email@example.com for consideration. Final candidates MUST successfully pass a background check.
Resumes will be accepted until May 6th or until positions are filled.
US Youth Soccer is the largest member of the United States Soccer Federation, the governing body for soccer in the United States. US Youth Soccer is a nationwide body of over 600,000 volunteers and administrators, and over 300,000 dedicated coaches. US Youth Soccer is a non-profit and educational organization whose mission is to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition.