US Youth Soccer ODP follows a concussion protocol. Please be advised that after a player receives a completed US Youth Soccer Concussion Form due to displaying signs and symptoms of a concussion, that player may not return to play until a signed clearance form from a medical doctor or doctor of osteopath who specializes in concussion treatment and management has been received. Please refer to the form for further details.
- US Youth Soccer Concussion Protocol and Procedure [PDF] UPDATED 02/14/2015
- US Youth Soccer Concussion Form [PDF] UPDATED 02/14/2015
The clearance must be on a document from the medical doctor's office stating that the player has been cleared to return to play and is clear of symptoms. The document must be signed by the official.
If a player is cleared:
- During an ODP Region II event, the attending Regional administrator and/or certified Athletic Trainer will obtain the required signed clearance to allow the player to return to play;
- During an ODP Sub-Regional and/or Showcase event, please notify your State coach and/or administrator and bring the required signed clearance to the ODP Region II designee to allow the player to return to play;
- Post-event, please contact the US Youth Soccer National Office at 972-334-9300.