Current Employment Opportunities:
There are currently no employment opportunities available within the Midwest.
The Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) employs seven full-time employees. Located in West Allis, we are situated in Milwaukee County and draw from a diverse work force. Currently we are seeking a highly motivated, dedicated and energetic team member for the following position:
This is a full-time exempt position working primarily weekdays, 8:00am to 4:00pm with some evenings and weekends.
The Competitions Administrator is responsible for the management of the Southeast Classic League and Western Wisconsin Classic League; administration of the tournament sanctioning/reporting process and support to the WYSA State Championships and Presidents Cup. Duties include customer service, online registration processes, program schedules, disciplinary actions, budget development and management, on-site support for WYSA events as well as collaboration with the Competitions Manager and WYSA Directors of Coaching. Other tasks as assigned by the WYSA Executive Director. Competitions Administrator has significant input on operational procedure, program format and policy development for WYSA.
Applicants must have exceptional computer skills, be capable of managing multiple tasks and handling general service related requests by telephone and email. Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, are essential. Prior work experience with youth soccer or other youth sports administration is desirable.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Administer assigned WYSA competitions in accordance with applicable competition policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for complete administration of the Southeast Classic League and Western Wisconsin Classic League.
- Manage the Tournament Sanctioning and Post Tournament Reporting process.
- Develop and manage applicable competitions program budgets. Review financial records of WYSA leagues and sanctioned tournaments to include registration fees, referee fees, facility rental, awards and other applicable revenue and expenses.
- Serve as member resource for leagues and tournaments, providing accurate, timely information concerning WYSA competitions.
- Provide administrative support to the WYSA State Championships and President’s Cup. Duties include on sitesupport, eligibility verification, document management, event schedule and other tasks as assigned by the Competitions Manager.
- Participate in league meetings as required.
- Review referee game reports for WYSA classic leagues. Impose disciplinary sanctions in instances of unsporting conduct by players, coaches, parents, or clubs.
- Order and distribute awards for all WYSA competitions.
- Coordinate housing needs for WYSA staff, volunteers and teams advancing to the US Youth Soccer Region II Championships.
- Attain a working knowledge of all competitions software and make recommendations to the Competitions Manager and/or WYSA Executive Director regarding opportunities or enhancements. Act as a staff liaison to clubs and districts using the State selected software vendor for scheduling.
- Serve as staff liaison to committees or task forces, competitions or other, as assigned.
- Together with the Competitions Manager and WYSA Directors of Coaching; develop, recommend and implement communication strategies with a goal of providing timely information and increasing participation in WYSA leagues and tournaments.
- Attend meetings as required which may include US Youth Soccer and Region II events.
- Participate as a team member in providing exceptional customer service to the clubs, families and players served by Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association.
- Participate in other WYSA programs and activities as assigned to fulfill the WYSA mission.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent and college level business courses taken preferred.
- Minimum two years experience working with youth sports (soccer preferred), providing administrative support to include membership services, event planning, budgeting and financial oversight.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated organization, multi-tasking and project management skills required.
- Ability to be “on call” via cell phone nights and weekends as required during the soccer season, to respond to questions from clubs, coaches, managers, referees, etc.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and safeguard company funds and property.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends on a limited basis (approximately 5-10%).
- Ability to travel overnight on a very limited basis (typically less than 10%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires greater than 50% of time working on a computer.
- Ability to communicate with others via the telephone.
- Ability to perform computer tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of various sizes and shapes weighing up to 50 pounds.
Salary range is based on relevant skills and experience. Benefits including medical, dental, short-term disability and life insurance, Section 125/FSA, 401k retirement plan plus generous paid time off (holiday, vacation and sick) are provided to all full-time staff. For additional information please contact WYSA Executive Director Melissa Zielinski at 414-328-9972 ext 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until January 1, 2018 or the position is filled.
The Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Manages the KSYSA State Office, all employees and contract labor individuals.
- Administers Directives from the KSYSA Board of Directors.
- Develops and oversees the KSYSA Business Plan
- Implements policies as directed by the KSYSA Board of Directors.
- Administers programs and tournament event development.
- Responsible for all budgets of the KSYSA.
- Handles all legal matters, grievances, mediations, leagues issues, insurance issues and regional/national matters on behalf of KSYSA.
- Serves as a point of contact or ex officio on all KSYSA Board appointed committees
- Serves as a point of contact at Regional and National events and meetings.
Reports to the President of the KSYSA Board of Directors
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage/Supervise: Direct authority for hiring, terminating, managing, and supervising the staff of KSYSA. The Executive Director will develop a staff of full time and part time employees who will be incorporated into present and future operations of the KSYSA. The Executive Director will be responsible for updating the HR policy manual for board approval. The Executive Director will be responsible for the development of training sessions and update personnel on skills needed to maintain and increase the quality and quantity of KSYSA operations.
- Reviews/Evaluations: The Executive Director will develop an appraisal system for the personnel of the KSYSA office so that all can be evaluated on performance and responsibilities.
- Administers Directives: Administers directives from the KSYSA President and Board of Directors on the day to day operations of KSYSA.
- KSYSA Business Plan: Develops and oversees the KSYSA Business Plan as well as solicits sponsors for corporate business.
- Implementation of Policies: The Executive Director is responsible for implementing changes needed to address the growth of the game in Kansas that is established by the KSYSA Board of Directors.
- Program Development: As identified by the President of KSYSA and/or the KSYSA Board of Directors.
- Special Events: The Executive Director agrees to assist, head up, special events such as the KSYSA Annual General Meeting or as specifically requested or required by the President of KSYSA.
- Budget Development: In association with the KSYSA Treasurer, includes developing an annual budget, implementation of the budget and monitoring of all monies throughout the year.
- Membership Development: The Executive Director is directly responsible for the development and service to the membership of KSYSA. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing changes needed to address the growth of the game in Kansas.
- League/Member Assistance: Serve as primary contact for league officials with regard to matters in which assistance of the KSYSA is needed or required. Attend, from time to time, league meetings as requested, assist with the formation of new leagues, serve as the direct link on interpreting KSYSA and/or league & club rules, guidelines and bylaws. Assist leagues in questions of discipline, risk management, coach and/or player issues.
- Marketing/PR Development (Sponsorship): The Executive Director will be directly responsible for the development of all marketing and PR operations for KSYSA to identify grant programs and file appropriate applications.
- Regional/National Events/Meetings: The Executive Director serves as the point of contact for Kansas State Youth Soccer Association at Regional/National Events/Meetings.
Risk Management Chair: Acts as point of contact liaison for risk management with US Youth Soccer and USSF
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s preferred
- Experience in leading and managing a non-profit organization strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in constructing and implementing strategic plans
- Proven record of effectively constructing and effectively managing budgets
- High level written and oral skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Please send a cover letter, resume and list of five references via email email@example.com
Paper copies may be sent to:
Kansas State Youth Soccer Association
C/O Executive Director Search Committee
1495 South Mahaffie Circle
Olathe, Kansas 66062
No Calls please.