Current Employment Opportunities:
Region II is comprised of the 14 State Associations in US Youth Soccer Region II and is directed by the Regional Council in compliance with the policies and procedures of US Youth Soccer.
The Administrative Assistant for US Youth Soccer Region II is responsible for the overall front office activities, including providing support to the US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program (ODP) Region II. This individual’s primary responsibilities include handling incoming calls, mail, deliveries, database management and reports directly to the Region II Administrator.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time and/or with continued experience and growth.
- Manage front office area to ensure effective phone, email and mail communications both internally and externally
- Reconcile payments and prepare deposits
- Request and distribute invoices for payment, as well as monitor aging receivables
- Perform monthly reconciliation of company credit card charges and associated documentation
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Coordinate shipping/freight and reconcile deliveries
- Answer general questions and/or redirect to appropriate person(s)
- Maintain internal Region II calendar
- Manage and prepare inventory for ODP Region II staff/player gear and equipment in accordance with purchasing procedures and event needs
- Update various spreadsheets and other general administrative duties as directed
The successful candidate will be an individual able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily to the expectations of Region II. The candidate will be a quick learner, articulate and have experience working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior work experience with youth soccer or other youth sports administration is desirable
- Requires excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects within established time frames
- Requires the ability to analyze data and problem solving skills that result in timely determination of appropriate actions
- Requires teamwork ability with a positive attitude, works well with others and communicates effectively with diverse constituents
- Requires computer literacy and must be fluent in Microsoft Office; Knowledge or experience working with online registration systems and databases preferred expectations
- Provide exceptional customer service to membership, including but not limited to, state associations and participants
- Exercise good judgment and discretion in handling materials and matters
- Flexibility in a changing organization and environment
- Professionalism and determination to see each task completed on time and with excellence
- Relentless pursuit of establishing Region II as the premier Region within US Youth Soccer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position required greater than 50% of time working on a computer.
- Ability to communicate with others via telephone.
- Ability to perform computer tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of times.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of various sizes and shapes weighing up to 50 pounds.
The position is located in the Region II Office in West Allis, Wisconsin. Requires some travel as well as working some evenings, weekends, week-long and/or Region II hosted events as required. Salary range is based on relevant skills and experience for this full-time exempt position with benefits. For immediate consideration, please submit cover letter, resume and references to Jen Fickett firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
The Kansas State Youth Soccer Association is seeking a Full-time Director of Coaching. This position oversees and is responsible for the coaching and player development areas for the organization. Responsible for conducting the coaching and player development programs throughout the state. Strong leadership, organizational and computer skills a must. Assists with club development and community outreach. Receives work direction and reports to the Executive Director.
Must possess current USSF "A" License and preferably the USY National Youth License, previous experience conducting "State Level" Courses in the USSF Coaching Education Program. Must have five or more years of experience in soccer coaching and training, and three or more years experience in a supervisory position. Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Computer experience and knowledge of multiple software programs, Microsoft Office and QuickBooks desired.
Please provide three references with your resume. Mail or email your resume before August 21st, 2015 to Kansas State Youth Soccer Association, Attn: Chris Duke - Executive Director, 14028 West 135th Street, Olathe, KS 66062 or email email@example.com.
The Zionsville Youth Soccer Association’s Executive Director (ED) will oversee and govern the delivery of competitive and recreational youth soccer programs. The ED will provide leadership in day-to-day administration of the Club; address capacity and operational challenges; foster strong relationships with the Club members, volunteers and sponsors; work closely with a Board of Directors to fulfill its governance functions; and assist with short term and longer term analysis, planning, and execution of strategic and tactical plans.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with staff and the Board of Directors to prepare a comprehensive budget plan to ensure adequate funding for the operation of the Club.
- Funding Support: identify, pursue and secure opportunities for grants, scholarships, donations, and sponsorships to support the Club’s programs and strategic plans.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the Club’s programs, business processes, policy execution, and financial stewardship
- Evaluate staffing and volunteer requirements for Club management and program delivery.
- Provide leadership and assistance to Directors of Coaching to meet the growth and satisfaction of our membership.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the club administrator
- Negotiate and oversee the execution of various contracts
- Lead the development and execution of risk management programs.
- Create communication strategies and work with staff to effectively execute in order to inform members across all programs.
- Establish and advance positive working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, neighboring soccer clubs, and regulatory bodies.
- Work closely with Referee Coordinator to assist with scheduling and oversight of referees.
- Serve as a resource to parents, managers, coaches, parents and players.
- Serve as Assistant Tournament Director to Socctoberfest and a similar role for other club sponsored tournament(s) or special functions
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong work ethic and high ethical standards
- Practical experience with all levels of youth soccer programs (e.g. recreational to elite travel)
- Leadership skills, including problem solving and decision making experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Central Indiana youth soccer
- Experience in the operation of a non-profit organization
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate different kinds of tasks
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to develop and maintain high morale and enthusiasm with the Club
- Computer knowledge and experience (e.g. Microsoft Office products or equivalent)
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. ZYSA does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
The position is located in Zionsville, Indiana and the salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) a cover letter, current CV/resume and (3) references no later than September 15, 2015 or mail to:
Attn: Craig Michael, VP HR & Risk Management Committee
ZYSA - Executive Director Search Committee
PO Box 5041
Zionsville, IN 46077
Zionsville Youth Soccer Association is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Zionsville Youth Soccer Association will comply with any legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.