Current Employment Opportunities:
There are currently no employment opportunities available within Region II.
US Youth Soccer Region II is currently seeking motivated individuals with a positive attitude to work our upcoming ODP Region II ID Camps held July 5-15, 2017 in Saginaw, MI.
US Youth Soccer Region II is comprised of the following Midwest Region State Associations; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio North, Ohio South, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
US Youth Soccer ODP is the original Olympic Development Program and the only elite player development program that can claim members for Major League Soccer and National Women’s Soccer League, as well as a majority of current and past national and youth national team members, as alumni. With programs in all 55 State Associations, as well as regional and national championships and participate in international tournaments, US Youth Soccer ODP continues to offer development and exposure opportunities to any player, regardless of hometown or club affiliation.
We rely on many volunteers and interns to help make our ODP Region II ID Camps a premier experience! The candidate(s) will be an essential part of our communications, operational and equipment management support to our Regional Coaching Staff and players. These positions will provide a broad resume-building experience for individuals interested in athletic administration/sports management.
- Ability to work July 4 – July 15, 2017 at our ODP Region II ID Camps (Minimum of 100 hours)
- Submission of cover letter and resume required
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Assume responsibility for assisting in managing (1) age group/gender of approx. 50-100 pool players during both the boys and girls 5-day residential camps
- Communicate daily schedules with staff and players
- Supervise and accompany players to all training, meetings, meals, dorms, etc.
- Coordinate regional staff equipment needs
- Coordinate and mange training gear and laundry
- Operational set-up, on and off the fields
- Represent US Youth Soccer ODP Region II with pride and passion
- Additional duties as assigned by Regional ODP Administrator
- All internship positions are unpaid
- May be eligible for college credit
- Travel expense reimbursements to be determined
- Room and board will be provided for all interns for the duration of the event
- Region II to provide interns with Nike gear
Interested applicants are to email a current resume and cover letter to Jessica Eberle at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Final candidates MUST successfully pass a background check and sexual abuse awareness training.
Resumes will be accepted until May 1st or until positions are filled.
US Youth Soccer is the largest member of the United States Soccer Federation, the governing body for soccer in the United States. US Youth Soccer is a nationwide body of over 600,000 volunteers and administrators, and over 300,000 dedicated coaches. US Youth Soccer is a non-profit and educational organization whose mission is to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America’s youth though the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
The South Dakota State Soccer Association (SDSSA) is seeking a qualified Executive Director/Technical Director to lead the organization in support of its mission. SDSSA is affiliated with United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) and the United States Soccer Federation (USSF).
SDSA has approximately 15,500 players participating in our state, regional and national leagues and competitions. Along with this are several hundred coaches and volunteers working to promote the game.
SDSSA has a Board of Directors that sets policy, approves new member application, determines member services, establishes events, approves contracts and appoints committee members, etc.
Listed below is a job description for the Executive Director position. Interested individuals may send your resume including salary requirements to email@example.com by March 1st.
- Administer directives from the SDSSA Board of Directors.
- Creates and oversees the SDSSA business plan and/or strategic plan as approved by the SDSSA Board of Directors.
- Implements policies as directed by the SDSSA Board of Directors.
- Administers programs and tournament event development.
- Responsible for creating budget with Treasurer and/or a finance committee.
- Handles all grievances, mediations, leagues issues, insurance issues and regional/national matters on behalf of SDSSA.
- Serves as a point of contact or ex officio on all SDSSA Board appointed committees.
- Serves as a point of contact at Regional and National events and meetings.
- Manages the SDSSA State Office, employees and contract labor individuals.
- Involves respective board members in projects
- President of South Dakota State Soccer Association and the Board of Directors
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage/Supervise: Direct authority for hiring, terminating, managing, and supervising the staff of SDSSA. The Executive Director will develop a staff of part time employees who will be incorporated into present and future operations of the SDSSA. This does not exclude the hiring of full time employees in the future. The Executive Director will be responsible for the development of training sessions and update personnel on skills needed to maintain and increase the quality and quantity of SDSSA operations.
- Reviews/Evaluations: The Executive Director will develop an appraisal system for the personnel of the SDSSA office so that all can be evaluated on performance and responsibilities.
- Marketing/Sponsorship: The Executive Director will be responsible for cultivating strategic marketing partnerships and sponsorships as sources of non-fee based revenue.
- Administers Directives: Administers directives from the Board of Directors on the day to day operations of SDSSA.
- SDSSA Business Plan: Oversees the SDSSA business plan and/or strategic plan as approved by the SDSSA Board of Directors.
- Implementation of Policies: The Executive Director is responsible for implementing changes needed to address the growth of the game in South Dakota that is established by the SDSSA Board of Directors.
- Program Development: As identified by the President of SDSSA and/or the SDSSA Board of Directors.
- Special Events: The Executive Director agrees to assist special events such as the SDSSA Annual General Meeting, South Dakota State Cup, President’s Cup, Olympic Development Program as specifically requested or required by the SDSSA Board of Director’s.
- Budget Development: In association with the SDSSA Treasurer develops an annual budget, implementation of the budget and monitoring of all monies throughout the year.
- Membership Development: The Executive Director is directly responsible for the development and service to the membership of SDSSA. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing changes needed to address the growth of the game in South Dakota.
- League/Member Assistance: Serve as primary contact for affiliated member organizations with regard to matters in which assistance of the SDSSA is needed or required. Attend, from time to time, affiliated member meetings as requested, assist with the formation of new programs, serve as the direct link on interpreting SDSSA and/or rules, policies and bylaws. Assist affiliated member organizations in questions of discipline, risk management, coach and/or player issues.
- Marketing/PR Development (Sponsorship): The Executive Director will be responsible for the development of all marketing and PR operations for SDSSA to identify grant programs and file appropriate applications.
- Regional/National Events/Meetings: The Executive Director serves as the point of contact for South Dakota State Soccer Association at Regional/National Events/Meetings.
- Technology: The Executive Director will be responsible for updating the SDSSA website, registration databases, tournament software and other applications that may be needed to conduct Association business.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Soccer background preferred but not necessarily required
- Experience in leading and managing a non-profit organization strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in constructing and implementing strategic plans
- Proven record of effectively constructing and effectively managing budgets
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Candidate will hold a USSF A License.
- Instruction Course Certificate must be attained within 18 months.
- USSF B License is considered if A License can be attained within 12 months.
- Candidate will hold dual roles as the Executive Director and the named Technical Director of SDSSA.