Current Employment Opportunities:
There are currently no employment opportunities available within Region II.
REGISTRATION, EVENS & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
The Registration, Events & Communications Assistant will perform a wide variety of duties in support of the Associate Director and Director of Marketing & Communications.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Processing Tournament Team applications, Individual Tournament Passes, Out Of State Player Requests, Travel Permits, and Guest Player Permits
- Verify and approve rosters for state and regional competitions
- Process and approve sanctioned tournament applications
- Maintain and update social media accounts
- Manage apparel and equipment orders for all programs
- Edit and create content for print and e-publications
- Work events as needed
- Any other duties as assigned
Candidates must have the ability to:
- Multitask, organize, prioritize work to meet established deadlines, and manage time wisely.
- Develop strong working/professional relationships with staff, membership and external partners
- Problem solve and be resourceful in finding solutions using good judgement and past experiences.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Be flexible.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism.
Ideal candidate's background includes:
- Basic knowledge of soccer
- Two+ years working in a fast-paced business services environment, preferably in sports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator and/or Quark
- Experience with data entry
- Ability to focus, prioritize and complete assigned tasks in a timely and often deadline driven office.
- Strong proofreading, formatting and editing skills with strong attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot.
- Strong communicative skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong customer service; professional, approachable and friendly demeanor.
- Independent thinker who can take initiative and work efficiently, sometimes with limited direction.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Full-time position open until filled. Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Chris Jamrozy firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
DIRECTOR OF COACHING
The Iowa City Alliance Soccer Club has provided Recreational, Academy, and Select Programs for players U5-U18 since 1997. It is committed to providing high quality player development and ensuring opportunities for all interested youth to have fun in competitive soccer. It has been successful at the local, state, regional, and national levels by recognizing the importance of a soccer program and its coaches in influencing the lives and character of children through soccer.
The Director of Coaching (DOC) is the leader of all soccer operations within the Iowa City Alliance Soccer Club, including all teams and recreational/youth programs. The DOC is in charge of player development, coaching development, program development, and club development. All aspects of this role should be completed while maintaining the focus of the club’s existing mission and goals.
Coaching and Player Development
- Create, implement, and manage resources for training curriculum for all programs/teams
- Create and implement coaching development curriculum for all coaches
- Oversee and supervise player recruitment and development
- Recruit and retain top level coaches
- Perform annual coach evaluations.
- Supervise all tournaments, camps, and clinics
- Supervise the Academy(U9-U10) Program and coach two competitive teams
- Provide college-recruiting education to club members and coaches
- Primary contact in mitigating and resolving soccer issues
- Act as the Iowa City Alliance liaison on issues that may affect the club, including representing the club at any functions, state soccer association meetings, or other events
- Provide a comprehensive monthly Director of Coaching report to the Board of Directors
- Develop and execute an annual budget working with the Board of Directors, treasurer, and accountant
- Develop and execute fundraising, sponsorship, and marketing opportunities
- Provide other services as necessary and as directed by the Board of Directors
License: National “C” License or equivalent and above preferred.
Coaching Experience: At least five years of youth coaching experience. At least three years of supervisory experience in youth coaching. Previous DOC or Assistant DOC experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to relate to and motivate players, coaches, and parents
- Proven implementation of mentoring/development program
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to players, coaches, parents, sponsors, and other organizations
- Detail oriented and ability to produce accurate result
- Proven computer skills, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, registration, and website management programs
- Possesses integrity, honesty, and high ethical standards
New Director of Coaching shall work with current Director of Coaching Paul Dayrell until January 1, 2018.
- Competitive salary with bonus incentives
- Stipend for health insurance premiums
- Reimbursement for job related expenses
Please send letter of interest, resume, and three letters of reference to Shari Shaffer, Club Board President, at email@example.com. One letter of reference shall be from a previous supervisor.