Current Employment Opportunities:
There are currently no employment opportunities available within Region II.
DIRECTOR OF COACHING
Zionsville Youth Soccer Association (ZYSA) serves more than 1,500 players, including travel, academy, rec and rec+ programs, ranging in age from 7 to 18 in central Indiana. ZYSA strives to develop the complete player -- tactical and technical skill, teamwork and sportsmanship, and a passion for the game. Our teams are competitive in their respective leagues (including MRL), but that is an outcome of training on fundamentals and instilling respect for the game and those play / coach / officiate it.
The next ZYSA Director of Coaching will exemplify the Club’s commitment to quality, integrity and positive energy. S/he will cultivate, develop and manage a top-notch crew of coaches whose impact and approach are consistent with the Club’s objectives. S/he will oversee player development and team formation, implement (and improve) ZYSA’s coaching curriculum and will lead by example. The four primary areas of responsibility are:
- Recruit and Develop Travel Coaches
- Help them plan and implement sessions
- Design a continuing education plan for all club coaches
- Assist coaches in creating seasonal plans
- Help bring state coaching licensing courses to ZYSA
- Conduct coaching clinics for Travel coaches on a regular basis.
- Bring experts such as state, regional and national staff coaches to present clinics.
- Design an evaluation / feedback process that guides coaches in how and when to provide feedback to the players.
- Provide annual coaches’ reviews
- Take active role in the assessment and development of individual players
- Collaborate with coaches, parents, ZYSA Executive Director
- Work closely with Travel Committee and ZYSA Executive Director to strengthen relationships with ID camps and college programs
- Create a college recruiting information program
- Alert State and regional staff of potential players in your club
- Assist Rec / Rec + Director in executing vision for recreational program
- Design training priorities per age group.
- Organize supplementary skill clinics and camps.
- Summer Camp Director – Design and Supervise ZYSA’s summer camps
- Design a Parent education program
- Bring referee instructors to educate coaches and parents.
- Bring in experts in other fields; Health, Concussions, Sports Science, nutrition fitness etc.
- Design / update parents code of conduct
- Educate players and parents about other playing opportunities beyond the club such as ODP, and encourage the best players to try out for ODP
- Report to the ZYSA Executive Director; attend staff and Board of Director meetings
- Design / update coaches’ and players’ codes of conduct
- Design / update players’ code of conduct
- Yearly Travel Budget projections (first draft)
- Design and oversee club tryouts (including yearly Informational meetings)
- Promote the club within the community.
- Represent the club at state, regional, national, and international workshops, clinics, education courses.
- Supervise Registration of Academy and Travel Players
- Supervise roster changes and player movement
- Attend State, Challenge, and Presidents Cups games
- Supervise the Summer Camp scheduling and communication process
- Run ZYSA Staff and Travel Committee meetings as needed
- Supervise the Uniforms selection process
The DOC job description is not limited to this document. The day-to-day demands of this role vary routinely and ZYSA expects the Director of Coaching will be flexible and able to adjust to the fluid demands of the role. Interest and materials should be sent to Mike Bandick, ZYSA Board of Directors Executive Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF COACHING AND PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
REV Soccer Club is based in the Minneapolis/St Paul area and serves more than 1,200 players including travel, (academy and competitive) and rec ranging in age from 5 to 19. REV’s mission is to provide a fun, challenging and developmental environment for our youth to enhance their love, knowledge and skill in the game of soccer. Our goal at REV is to provide our members with the highest quality coaches and trainers offering young players the opportunity to play at a level consistent with their ability and commitment. REV currently participates in MRL, local MYSA leagues as well as various other leagues.
The Director of Coaching and Player Development is the leader of all soccer operations within REV, including all teams and recreational/youth programs. The position is responsible for the strategic planning and budgeting of all programs, coach management/evaluation and team formation process for all teams. All aspects of this role should be completed while maintaining focus of the clubs existing mission, vision and goals. The position is responsible for creating and implementing the coaching development and continuous coaching education for all coaches. The position is also responsible for creating and implementing training curriculum for all ages and levels of play within the club. The position is restricted from performing similar duties for other clubs or organizations.
Essential Duties & Responsbilities
- Create, implement and manage resources for training curriculum for all programs/teams in the Club.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training programs and report outcomes to the Executive Director/Board of Directors.
- Create and implement coach and staff development curriculum for all coaches in the club.
- evaluate effectiveness of development program and report outcomes to Executive Director/Board of Director.
- Develop, monitor and report on club coaching performance against documented standards and expectations.
- Facilitate coach education programming and work with all coaches to determine appropriate plan for continuing education.
- Manage day to day coach operations.
- responsible for all coach inquiries
- recruit and retain top level coaches
- assist coaches in creating seasonal plans for their team’s development
- Oversee player development and create a curriculum and player development plans for all teams and ages.
- Perform annual coach evaluations.
- Measure coaches’ performance through coach survey, observation and input from REV staff. Tabulate and communicate feedback to coaches.
- Create and execute strategic plan and operating budget for the Club in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Lead team formation processes.
- Decide how many teams the Club will form for each season and who will coach teams.
- Provide input on estimated team/player costs and amount of training time required/expected for each team.
- Collect coaches’ data on current players.
- Adequately staff all team formation sessions.
- Integrate and resolve year-end player rankings with team formation ratings. Consult with coaches on individual players when necessary.
- Lead evaluations and final player placements and teams.
- Respond to player/parent inquiries regarding individual placements.
- Primary contact in mitigating and resolving soccer issues.
- Update the Executive Director and Board of Directors on programs, teams, etc with metric based measurements and objectives. To include league strategy (DA, ECNL, MRL State, and other Leagues that may be available player development avenues for REV SC teams and players.
- Determine appropriate organization structure of soccer staff and implement a budget to execute, manage and monitor the plan, with oversight and approval from the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Provide college recruiting education to the club members and coaches.
- organize college recruiting education seminar for club parents and players
- Coach no more than one (1) team per season
Licenses: Coaching license of a B or higher – (or hold a C license and in the process of earning a B)
Experience: This position requires 3 years of experience in a related position. Proper Licenses and education and successful experience as a coach, trainer and a director in a soccer club
- Highly detailed oriented and ability to produce accurate results
- Management skills – ability to hold people accountable for the efforts and actions.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate
- Organizational leadership and team development, ability to build a team; putting people in the best position to succeed.
- Strong emphasis on development of successful ‘player pathway’ from recreation through academy (high performance).
- Adept at utilizing web based applications for registration, team management, resource management and club organization.
- Reports to Board of Directors/Executive Director
- Works closely with All Staff members
- Works with Shattuck-St Mary’s staff and DA representatives
- Works with Board of Directors and Volunteer committees
- Works with team coaches, managers and parents
Interested parties should send their cover letter and resume to Lisa Wolf, Executive Director, REV Soccer Club at email@example.com.