Current Employment Opportunities:
There are currently no employment opportunities available within Region II.
DIRECTOR OF COACHING
Zionsville Youth Soccer Association (ZYSA) serves more than 1,500 players, including travel, academy, rec and rec+ programs, ranging in age from 7 to 18 in central Indiana. ZYSA strives to develop the complete player -- tactical and technical skill, teamwork and sportsmanship, and a passion for the game. Our teams are competitive in their respective leagues (including MRL), but that is an outcome of training on fundamentals and instilling respect for the game and those play / coach / officiate it.
The next ZYSA Director of Coaching will exemplify the Club’s commitment to quality, integrity and positive energy. S/he will cultivate, develop and manage a top-notch crew of coaches whose impact and approach are consistent with the Club’s objectives. S/he will oversee player development and team formation, implement (and improve) ZYSA’s coaching curriculum and will lead by example. The four primary areas of responsibility are:
- Recruit and Develop Travel Coaches
- Help them plan and implement sessions
- Design a continuing education plan for all club coaches
- Assist coaches in creating seasonal plans
- Help bring state coaching licensing courses to ZYSA
- Conduct coaching clinics for Travel coaches on a regular basis.
- Bring experts such as state, regional and national staff coaches to present clinics.
- Design an evaluation / feedback process that guides coaches in how and when to provide feedback to the players.
- Provide annual coaches’ reviews
- Take active role in the assessment and development of individual players
- Collaborate with coaches, parents, ZYSA Executive Director
- Work closely with Travel Committee and ZYSA Executive Director to strengthen relationships with ID camps and college programs
- Create a college recruiting information program
- Alert State and regional staff of potential players in your club
- Assist Rec / Rec + Director in executing vision for recreational program
- Design training priorities per age group.
- Organize supplementary skill clinics and camps.
- Summer Camp Director – Design and Supervise ZYSA’s summer camps
- Design a Parent education program
- Bring referee instructors to educate coaches and parents.
- Bring in experts in other fields; Health, Concussions, Sports Science, nutrition fitness etc.
- Design / update parents code of conduct
- Educate players and parents about other playing opportunities beyond the club such as ODP, and encourage the best players to try out for ODP
- Report to the ZYSA Executive Director; attend staff and Board of Director meetings
- Design / update coaches’ and players’ codes of conduct
- Design / update players’ code of conduct
- Yearly Travel Budget projections (first draft)
- Design and oversee club tryouts (including yearly Informational meetings)
- Promote the club within the community.
- Represent the club at state, regional, national, and international workshops, clinics, education courses.
- Supervise Registration of Academy and Travel Players
- Supervise roster changes and player movement
- Attend State, Challenge, and Presidents Cups games
- Supervise the Summer Camp scheduling and communication process
- Run ZYSA Staff and Travel Committee meetings as needed
- Supervise the Uniforms selection process
The DOC job description is not limited to this document. The day-to-day demands of this role vary routinely and ZYSA expects the Director of Coaching will be flexible and able to adjust to the fluid demands of the role. Interest and materials should be sent to Mike Bandick, ZYSA Board of Directors Executive Committee, at email@example.com.